|Coming December 2013! |
Pre-Publication and Bulk Discounts Available!
ProQuest® Statistical Abstract of the United States 2014
National Data Book
Published annually by the Federal Government since 1878, The Statistical Abstract of the United States is the best-known statistical reference publication in the country, and perhaps, the world. You’ll find it behind nearly every reference desk in U.S. libraries as the authoritative go-to source Librarians value the Statistical Abstract as both an answer book (“How much corn is grown in Iowa?”) and a guide to statistical sources (“What organization has the most authoritative data on foreclosures?”). As a comprehensive collection of statistics on the social, political, and economic conditions of the United States, it is a snapshot of America and its people.
The editors at ProQuest have endeavored to continue the tradition established by the Census Bureau Statistical Compendia Branch. Like its predecessors, the ProQuest Statistical Abstract is designed to serve as a convenient volume for statistical publications and sources.
New in 2014: Over 50 new tables added on a wide variety of topics, including characteristics of opposite-sex and same-sex couple households, medical records breaches and workplace violence, and much, much more.
The ProQuest Statistical Abstract will be available in both print and online versions. The print version will resemble past editions and contain roughly the same number of tables, detailed bibliographic documentation, the back-of-the-book index, and updated introductory sections, plus more, with:
- Thousands of tables from hundreds of sources and valuable, detailed bibliographic documentation (also in the online edition)
- Updated introductory sections and back-of-the-book index
- An 8 ½” x 11” hardcover format instead of the 6” x 9” format of the old government edition. This new sturdy binding is designed to withstand heavy use and frequent photocopying in libraries.
- Type that’s a full 25% larger than in the old government editions for easy-to-read text and tables.
ProQuest is co-publishing the book with Bernan Press, an imprint of The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc.
ProQuest Statistical Abstract online edition is a significant enhancement over the Census Bureau’s online version:
- Line-item access to tables
- Updated monthly instead of annually
- Available as a stand-alone or as a fully integrated part of ProQuest Statistical Insight—with discounts available to current customers
- Edited by ProQuest’s team of statistical experts
Register for a free trail of the online edition now. To order contact your ProQuest sales representative, call 1-800-521-0600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Order This Product
Take advantage of special pre-publication savings!
Mention code PSA1410 and save 10%! Volume discounts are also available
Place an order or call 1-800-865-3457 or email: email@example.com